I had the problem with my new mainboard the Asus Rog Strix B-360F that as soon as I connected an external hard drive the PC no longer booted normally but when I started the message “GPT Header corruption has been detected, please check SATA mode setting in BIOS Setup “
Since I permanently connected my external hard drives, the constant F1 and going into the boot menu was rather annoying.
After long searching i have found the solution:
- Open the BIOS menu with F2 or DEL
- Select the “Boot” section
- Then click on “Boot Configuration”
- Then select the “Boot Sector / MBR / GPT) Recovery Policy” and select “Auto Recovery”
- Select the “Exit” section
- “Save Changes & Reset”
- Now the computer starts with an external hard drive connected and without an error message.