I faced the problem today that I could not find hd-idle for arm64.
After a long search, I found what I was looking for.
You can compile the necessary version yourself or take a ready package.
What we still need is the UUID of the hard disk, which can be found with the blkid command.
Installation: (in my example for arm64) login via SSH
- su root
- cd /tmp
- wget https://github.com/adelolmo/hd-idle/releases/download/v1.8/hd-idle_1.8_arm64.deb
- sudo dpkg -i hd-idle_1.8_arm64.deb
- systemctl status hd-idle
- blkid (Find the path of the hard disk)
- nano /etc/default/hd-idle
HD_IDLE_OPTS=”-a /dev/disk/by-uuid/38376bu5-ca75-42be-bfa5-079b6d439bg6 -i 3600″ (3600 = Hard drive going to standbye after 60 minutes)
8. systemctl restart hd-idle